Is San Marcos worth visiting?
But with its picturesque scenery, historical charm and rich culture, San Marcos is a wonderful area to visit year-round. In fact, the off-season provides countless opportunities for relaxation, outdoor activities, artesanal dining and more.
What is there to do in San Marcos River?
On the San Marcos River
- Fishing – drop in a line and see if you can reel in a smallmouth black bass, largemouth brown bass, catfish, or perch.
What is there to do in San Marcos Texas this weekend?
8 Awesome and Fun Things to Do in San Marcos, TX
- Feel refreshed on the San Marcos River.
- Hear good music at Cheatham Street Warehouse.
- Explore San Marcos Downtown Square.
- Shop at San Marcos Outlets.
- Spring Lake Preserve.
- Cheer for Teams at Texas State University.
- Discover vintage vehicles at Dick’s Classic Garage.
Is San Marcos safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos a small town?
One of those cities is San Marcos. Thrillist’s “The Coolest Small Town in Texas Is Building a Better Austin” raves about this city just 30 miles south of Austin. San Marcos offers everything you can find in Austin in a less crowded setting. Here are six more reasons to call San Marcos home.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Does it snow in San Marcos TX?
San Marcos averages 0 inches of snow per year.
What is San Marcos close to?
Major cities near San Marcos, TX
- 29 miles to Austin, TX.
- 46 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 148 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 154 miles to Houston, TX.
- 189 miles to Laredo, TX.
- 190 miles to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- 202 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 203 miles to Arlington, TX.