- 1 Is San Marcos worth visiting?
- 2 What is close to San Marcos Texas?
- 3 What is there to do in San Marcos River?
- 4 Is San Marcos TX safe?
- 5 Is San Marcos a small town?
- 6 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 7 What is there to do in San Marcos at night?
- 8 Does it snow in San Marcos TX?
- 9 What towns are close to San Marcos?
- 10 Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
- 11 What college is in San Marcos?
Is San Marcos worth visiting?
But with its picturesque scenery, historical charm and rich culture, San Marcos is a wonderful area to visit year-round. In fact, the off-season provides countless opportunities for relaxation, outdoor activities, artesanal dining and more.
What is close to San Marcos Texas?
Major cities near San Marcos, TX
- 29 miles to Austin, TX.
- 46 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 148 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 154 miles to Houston, TX.
- 189 miles to Laredo, TX.
- 190 miles to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- 202 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 203 miles to Arlington, TX.
What is there to do in San Marcos River?
On the San Marcos River
- Fishing – drop in a line and see if you can reel in a smallmouth black bass, largemouth brown bass, catfish, or perch.
Is San Marcos TX safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos a small town?
One of those cities is San Marcos. Thrillist’s “The Coolest Small Town in Texas Is Building a Better Austin” raves about this city just 30 miles south of Austin. San Marcos offers everything you can find in Austin in a less crowded setting. Here are six more reasons to call San Marcos home.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
What is there to do in San Marcos at night?
Best fun things to do at night in San Marcos, CA
- Invasion Laser Tag. 1.5 mi. 103 reviews.
- Bowlero San Marcos. 0.9 mi. 261 reviews.
- Locked Adventures. 0.7 mi.
- Paint and Glow By Davina. 11.3 mi.
- Sunshine Mountain Vineyard. 3.2 mi.
- The CADO Avocado Museum Experience. 0.9 mi.
- Grand Comedy Club. 5.7 mi.
- Cow Shed Bar & Grill. 1.3 mi.
Does it snow in San Marcos TX?
San Marcos averages 0 inches of snow per year.
What towns are close to San Marcos?
Cities near San Marcos, California:
- Escondido, CA.
- Vista, CA.
- Encinitas, CA.
- Carlsbad, CA.
- Solana Beach, CA.
- Oceanside, CA.
- Poway, CA.
- Fallbrook, CA.
Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
Located just 50 miles north of downtown San Antonio and 30 miles south of Austin, San Marcos is in the middle of all the action.
What college is in San Marcos?