- 1 Is San Marcos a Suburban?
- 2 What is San Marcos California known for?
- 3 Is San Marcos a nice place to live?
- 4 Is San Marcos considered San Diego County?
- 5 Is San Marcos a bad area?
- 6 Is San Marcos CA expensive?
- 7 Is San Marcos California a safe place to live?
- 8 Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
- 9 How far is San Marcos from beach?
- 10 Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
- 11 Is San Marcos urban or rural?
- 12 What city is closest to San Diego?
Is San Marcos a Suburban?
San Marcos is a suburb of San Diego with a population of 95,355. Living in San Marcos offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In San Marcos there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks.
What is San Marcos California known for?
1) San Marcos Is Known For Its Restaurants. 2) The School System Is Noteworthy. 3) There Are Plenty of Employers. 4) SPRINTER Is an Efficient Transit System.
Is San Marcos a nice place to live?
San Marcos is a great small town area, with good food and entertainment. There is a local movie theater and bowling alley, as well as a beach fifteen minutes away. It is a quiet place with a brand new high school located in the middle of it all.
Is San Marcos considered San Diego County?
San Marcos (Spanish for Saint Mark) is a city in the North County region of San Diego County, California. As of the 2010 census, the city’s population was 83,781. It is the site of California State University San Marcos.
Is San Marcos a bad area?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos CA expensive?
San Marcos’s housing expenses are 119% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 15% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 29% higher than the national average. San Marcos has grocery prices that are 13% higher than the national average.
Is San Marcos California a safe place to live?
The City of San Marcos was ranked #25 in SafeWise’s sixth annual Safest Cities in California report. The comprehensive safety report was created using FBI crime statistics and U.S. Census population data to rank the safest cities in each state and across the country.
Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
San Marcos is better defined by cheesy tract home developments and Escondido has a larger supply of acre lots in the country (for better prices too!). Escondido is more urban than San Marcos, but it’s not exactly a vibrant downtown.
How far is San Marcos from beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
SAN MARCOS, Texas – San Marcos has been listed as the best city in Texas to retire in, according to Forbes’ 2018 rankings. The city has a cost of living 13 percent lower than the national average, has good air quality, seriously low crime rate and doctors per capita meet the national average.
Is San Marcos urban or rural?
4. Central North County Location. San Marcos has an excellent urban (rural) interface setting with small town informality plus easy access to San Diego and southern Riverside and Orange County markets via Interstates 5 and 15.
What city is closest to San Diego?
Major cities near San Diego, CA
- 7 miles to Chula Vista, CA.
- 15 miles to Tijuana, Mexico.
- 67 miles to Ensenada, Mexico.
- 82 miles to Santa Ana, CA.
- 88 miles to Riverside, CA.
- 89 miles to Anaheim, CA.
- 94 miles to Long Beach, CA.
- 97 miles to San Bernardino, CA.