- 1 Is it safe to live in San Marcos CA?
- 2 What are the demographics of San Marcos California?
- 3 Is San Marcos CA growing?
- 4 How big is San Marcos California?
- 5 Is it expensive to live in San Marcos CA?
- 6 Is San Marcos a nice area?
- 7 What is San Marcos California known for?
- 8 How far is San Marcos from the beach?
- 9 What major city is near San Marcos CA?
- 10 Is San Marcos urban or rural?
Is it safe to live in San Marcos CA?
The City of San Marcos was ranked #25 in SafeWise’s sixth annual Safest Cities in California report. The comprehensive safety report was created using FBI crime statistics and U.S. Census population data to rank the safest cities in each state and across the country.
What are the demographics of San Marcos California?
The 5 largest ethnic groups in San Marcos, CA are White (Non-Hispanic) (43.6%), White (Hispanic) (30.7%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (9.45%), Other (Hispanic) (5.82%), and Two+ (Non-Hispanic) (3.62%).
Is San Marcos CA growing?
San Marcos is currently growing at a rate of 0.19% annually and its population has increased by 15.82% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 83,781 in 2010. San Marcos reached it’s highest population of 97,032 in 2021.
How big is San Marcos California?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is it expensive to live in San Marcos CA?
The Cost of Living in San Marcos Housing is a big expense here. The average home or rental in San Marcos costs about 2.8 times the national average.
Is San Marcos a nice area?
San Marcos is a great small town area, with good food and entertainment. There is a local movie theater and bowling alley, as well as a beach fifteen minutes away. It is a quiet place with a brand new high school located in the middle of it all.
What is San Marcos California known for?
1) San Marcos Is Known For Its Restaurants. 2) The School System Is Noteworthy. 3) There Are Plenty of Employers. 4) SPRINTER Is an Efficient Transit System.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
What major city is near San Marcos CA?
Cities near San Marcos, California: Escondido, CA. Vista, CA. Encinitas, CA.
Is San Marcos urban or rural?
4. Central North County Location. San Marcos has an excellent urban (rural) interface setting with small town informality plus easy access to San Diego and southern Riverside and Orange County markets via Interstates 5 and 15.