- 1 What city is closest to San Marcos Texas?
- 2 How safe is San Marcos TX?
- 3 Is San Marcos TX A nice place to live?
- 4 How far is San Antonio from the beach?
- 5 What are the beaches like in Port Aransas?
- 6 What towns are close to Lockhart Texas?
- 7 What towns are close to San Marcos?
- 8 Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
- 9 Is San Antonio Safe?
- 10 Is Austin Texas Safe?
- 11 Is Kyle Texas Safe?
- 12 Is San Marcos cheap to live?
- 13 What is San Marcos known for?
What city is closest to San Marcos Texas?
Major cities near San Marcos, TX
- 29 miles to Austin, TX.
- 46 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 148 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 154 miles to Houston, TX.
- 189 miles to Laredo, TX.
- 190 miles to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
- 202 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
- 203 miles to Arlington, TX.
How safe is San Marcos TX?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos TX A nice place to live?
For San Marcos residents, San Antonio and Austin are easy day and weekend trips. You get the best of Hill Country living without the high price tag or bumper-to-bumper traffic. People travel to the big cities for college, water fun, and incredible music. The good news is that all of these are available in San Marcos.
How far is San Antonio from the beach?
The Guadalupe River State Park in Spring Branch is a mere 40 miles away (or less than an hour’s drive) from San Antonio, making it the nearest beach spot on the list. It’s one of the best beaches near San Antonio, TX, just for its proximity alone.
What are the beaches like in Port Aransas?
Port Aransas Beaches
- Port Aransas has the best beaches in Texas.
- Port Aransas Beach is located right in front of our resorts.
- One of the most popular beaches in Port ‘A’, IB Magee Beach is easy to access and has many amenities.
- Known for fun surfing and fishing, Horace Caldwell Pier stretches 1,200 feet into the Gulf.
What towns are close to Lockhart Texas?
Cities near Lockhart, Texas:
- Kyle, TX.
- San Marcos, TX.
- Austin, TX.
- Seguin, TX.
- New Braunfels, TX.
- Canyon Lake, TX.
- Lakeway, TX.
- Jollyville, TX.
What towns are close to San Marcos?
Cities near San Marcos, California:
- Escondido, CA.
- Vista, CA.
- Encinitas, CA.
- Carlsbad, CA.
- Solana Beach, CA.
- Oceanside, CA.
- Poway, CA.
- Fallbrook, CA.
Is San Marcos closer to Austin or San Antonio?
Located just 50 miles north of downtown San Antonio and 30 miles south of Austin, San Marcos is in the middle of all the action.
Is San Antonio Safe?
Health & Safety in San Antonio Crime — San Antonio is a safe city. Violent crime occurs less frequently than in the average American city. In fact, of the 32 largest cities in the U.S., San Antonio ranked the eighth safest according to a firm that sorts through crime data for the United States.
Is Austin Texas Safe?
The FBI’s 2019 NIBRS Crime Data Report ranks Austin as the 11th safest city in the U.S. for crimes against a person. It also has the city listed as 12th for crimes against society and 9th against property. The data was pulled from 22 cities all with populations greater than 400,000.
Is Kyle Texas Safe?
Kyle has an overall crime rate of 15 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Kyle is 1 in 67.
Is San Marcos cheap to live?
Just 30 miles outside of downtown Austin, Greater San Marcos offers close access to the vibrancy of Austin but at a more affordable cost (housing prices are nearly 40 percent less than Austin ).
What is San Marcos known for?
San Marcos is a charming college town halfway between Austin and San Antonio known for the country’s largest outlet mall, a historic downtown square, and tons of waterways to kayak, paddleboard or float on.