- 1 Which county in California has the highest rate of asthma?
- 2 Why is the air quality bad in San Diego?
- 3 What state has the highest rate of asthma?
- 4 What country has the lowest rate of asthma?
- 5 Which country has the highest rate of asthma?
- 6 What is the main cause of asthma?
- 7 What states are bad for asthma?
- 8 What state has the lowest rate of asthma?
- 9 How bad is the air in San Diego?
- 10 What state has the best quality of air?
- 11 Does San Diego have bad air quality?
- 12 Where is the best place to live for asthma?
- 13 What race has the most asthma?
- 14 Is Hawaii bad for asthma?
Which county in California has the highest rate of asthma?
Performance: 14.7% of Californians reported having ever been diagnosed with asthma between the years 2011 and 2018. Solano County had the highest asthma prevalence rate with 21.4% of its population having been diagnosed.
Why is the air quality bad in San Diego?
San Diego air quality suffers from frequent and prolonged periods of unhealthy ozone pollution. Ozone is a corrosive gas pollutant composed of three oxygen atoms.
What state has the highest rate of asthma?
In 2019, Vermont reported the highest asthma lifetime prevalence among adults in the United States at 17.6 percent. This statistic represents the U.S. states with the highest self-reported lifetime prevalence of asthma among adults as of 2019.
What country has the lowest rate of asthma?
According to the WHO mortality database, South Africa had the highest age-standardized asthma mortality among the low and middle-income countries, while Netherlands had the lowest among the high-income countries [3, 35] (Figure 2).
Which country has the highest rate of asthma?
The five countries with the highest prevalence of clinical asthma were Australia (21.5%), Sweden (20.2%), UK (18.2%), Netherlands (15.3%), and Brazil (13.0%). Finally, using the least stringent definition, the global prevalence of wheezing was estimated to be 8.6% (95% CI: 8.5; 8.7).
What is the main cause of asthma?
Asthma triggers Airborne allergens, such as pollen, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste. Respiratory infections, such as the common cold. Physical activity. Cold air.
What states are bad for asthma?
Top 5 worst cities for asthma sufferers
- #5: Louisville, Kentucky. Louisville has a higher prevalence of asthma than any other city in the United States.
- #4: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- #3: Dayton, Ohio.
- #2: Richmond, Virginia.
- #1: Springfield, Massachusetts.
What state has the lowest rate of asthma?
Texas had the lowest prevalence of current asthma among adults in the United States with a total of just over seven percent.
How bad is the air in San Diego?
In 2019, San Diego averaged an air quality index of 39 (“good”). This was a slight improvement in overall air quality compared to years prior.
What state has the best quality of air?
States with the Best Air Quality
- Hawaii. Hawaii has an air quality index of 21.2, the cleanest average air in the U.S. This is well in the good air quality index range.
Does San Diego have bad air quality?
A report released by the American Lung Association showed that San Diego originally had the sixth worst ozone pollution in the country in 2019 for the fifth year in a row. As of 2021, they have moved to seventh.
Where is the best place to live for asthma?
10 BEST PLACES TO LIVE WITH ASTHMA
- Cape Coral, FL. Cape Coral, FL takes the top spot as the best place to live with asthma because of it’s low prevalence of asthma and low number of asthma-related emergency room visits.
- McAllen, TX.
- Houston, TX.
- Sarasota, FL.
- Daytona Beach, FL.
- El Paso, TX.
- San Antonio, TX.
- San Jose, CA.
What race has the most asthma?
Current Asthma Rates by Race/Ethnicity
- Blacks and American Indian/Alaska Natives have the highest current asthma rates compared to other races and ethnicities.
- Hispanics (6.4%) and Asians (4.0%) had lower current asthma prevalence rates than other racial and ethnic groups.
Is Hawaii bad for asthma?
Native Hawaiians and part- Hawaiians have the highest asthma rates compared to other ethnic groups. Kauai has the highest prevalence of asthma compared to other islands.