- 1 What is there to do in San Marcos CA today?
- 2 How far is San Marcos CA from the beach?
- 3 Is San Marcos CA a good area?
- 4 Is San Marcos CA a safe city?
- 5 What is San Marcos California known for?
- 6 What is there to do in San Marcos at night?
- 7 How far is San Marcos from Carlsbad?
- 8 How far is the closest beach to San Antonio?
- 9 Is San Marcos a bad area?
- 10 Is San Marcos CA expensive?
- 11 Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
- 12 Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
- 13 How is San Marcos living?
What is there to do in San Marcos CA today?
Let’s explore the best things to do in and around San Marcos, California:
- Discovery Lake. Source: Imasillypirate / shutterstock Discovery Lake.
- Jack’s Pond Park and Nature Center.
- 3. California State University San Marcos.
- Double Peak Park.
- Rip Current Brewing.
- Sunshine Mountain Vineyard.
- Better Buzz Coffee.
How far is San Marcos CA from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
Is San Marcos CA a good area?
San Marcos is a great small town area, with good food and entertainment. There is a local movie theater and bowling alley, as well as a beach fifteen minutes away. It is a quiet place with a brand new high school located in the middle of it all.
Is San Marcos CA a safe city?
San Marcos has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in San Marcos is 1 in 80.
What is San Marcos California known for?
1) San Marcos Is Known For Its Restaurants. 2) The School System Is Noteworthy. 3) There Are Plenty of Employers. 4) SPRINTER Is an Efficient Transit System.
What is there to do in San Marcos at night?
Best fun things to do at night in San Marcos, CA
- Invasion Laser Tag. 1.5 mi. 103 reviews.
- Bowlero San Marcos. 0.9 mi. 261 reviews.
- Locked Adventures. 0.7 mi.
- Paint and Glow By Davina. 11.3 mi.
- Sunshine Mountain Vineyard. 3.2 mi.
- The CADO Avocado Museum Experience. 0.9 mi.
- Grand Comedy Club. 5.7 mi.
- Cow Shed Bar & Grill. 1.3 mi.
How far is San Marcos from Carlsbad?
There are 10.75 miles from San Marcos to Carlsbad in west direction and 15 miles (24.14 kilometers) by car, following the CA 78 W route. San Marcos and Carlsbad are 17 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is the closest beach to San Antonio?
Guadalupe River State Park. The Guadalupe River State Park in Spring Branch is a mere 40 miles away (or less than an hour’s drive) from San Antonio, making it the nearest beach spot on the list. It’s one of the best beaches near San Antonio, TX, just for its proximity alone.
Is San Marcos a bad area?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos CA expensive?
San Marcos’s housing expenses are 119% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 15% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 29% higher than the national average. San Marcos has grocery prices that are 13% higher than the national average.
Is San Marcos or Escondido better?
San Marcos is better defined by cheesy tract home developments and Escondido has a larger supply of acre lots in the country (for better prices too!). Escondido is more urban than San Marcos, but it’s not exactly a vibrant downtown.
Is San Marcos a good place to retire?
SAN MARCOS, Texas – San Marcos has been listed as the best city in Texas to retire in, according to Forbes’ 2018 rankings. The city has a cost of living 13 percent lower than the national average, has good air quality, seriously low crime rate and doctors per capita meet the national average.
How is San Marcos living?
Living in San Marcos offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In San Marcos there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in San Marcos and residents tend to have moderate political views.