- 1 Is the Comal or Guadalupe River better?
- 2 Is the Comal River the same as the Guadalupe?
- 3 What is the best river to float in New Braunfels?
- 4 What is the best river to tube in Texas?
- 5 Are there snakes in the Guadalupe River?
- 6 Do you have to pay to float the Guadalupe River?
- 7 Can Ban Guadalupe River 2020?
- 8 Can you still float the Guadalupe River right now?
- 9 Can you float the Comal River for free?
- 10 Can you drink alcohol while floating the Guadalupe River?
- 11 Is alcohol allowed on the Guadalupe River?
- 12 Can you drink beer on the Frio River?
- 13 What’s the prettiest river in Texas?
- 14 What is the cleanest river in Texas?
Is the Comal or Guadalupe River better?
The Comal River is spring fed and offers a consistent float experience with limited rapids. The Guadalupe River is fed by releases from Canyon Lake which can vary, and offers a more rugged experience.
Is the Comal River the same as the Guadalupe?
Con’s: The Comal River is the shortest river in Texas, so you will not find a float trip more than 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours long, while the Guadalupe River has multiple length float trips from up to 4 to 6 hours, depending on the river flow (but keep in mind if river levels in the Guadalupe are low quite often, and if
What is the best river to float in New Braunfels?
The Comal River is a beautiful spring-fed natural flowing body of water that has been the pinnacle attraction for New Braunfels for generations.
What is the best river to tube in Texas?
Where to Go River Tubing in Texas
- Blanco River | Blanco. The Blanco River is a beautiful river where you can spend some time relaxing on the water and enjoying the scenery.
- Comal River | New Braunfels.
- Guadalupe River | Canyon Lake.
- Pedernales River | Johnson City.
- San Marcos River | San Marcos.
Are there snakes in the Guadalupe River?
When people talk about the Guadalupe River, they almost always mention the amazing bald cypress trees that line the River banks. These enormous cypress trees are home to many creatures including snakes, turtles, and ducks. Don’t worry, the snakes found in the Guadalupe River typically avoid humans.
Do you have to pay to float the Guadalupe River?
GUADALUPE RIVER TUBING COSTS & FEES Expect to spend $15-22 per person, including shuttle, tube rental, and fees. Most outfitters require a drivers license or credit card to hold as a rental deposit.
Can Ban Guadalupe River 2020?
Is alcohol banned? No. You just have to be of legal drinking age, and we ask that you drink alcohol responsibly, and you drink all beverages from a NON-DISPOSABLE container if you’re INSIDE THE CITY LIMITS. There are tons of options for non-disposable containers.
Can you still float the Guadalupe River right now?
Current Guadalupe River Status: The River is Open! “Flow at Sattler Gage” should represent the “actual river flow”. U.S. Army Corps. of Engineers out of Fort Worth, Texas and is updated daily.
Can you float the Comal River for free?
Personal flotation devices will be provided to Comal River tubers for free with a deposit. Get yours at the New Braunfels City Tube Chute or other river outfitters.
Can you drink alcohol while floating the Guadalupe River?
If you’re reading this article because you’re curious if you can drink alcohol while floating the Guadalupe River, the answer is yes.
Is alcohol allowed on the Guadalupe River?
Yes, you can drink on the Guadalupe and Comal Rivers (this is in accordance with TX law) And you can drink whatever you’d like – beer, wine, mojitos, margaritas, fuzzy navels, any other alcoholic beverage, juice, water, sports drinks, and even that stuff you found dripping from under the hotel sink if you want.
Can you drink beer on the Frio River?
The Frio River provides you with the opportunity to tube in peace and quiet as its size means that there is enough space for everyone and there is no need for forced mingling between tubers because of size constraints. To the delight of many, drinking alcoholic beverages is also permitted on the river.
What’s the prettiest river in Texas?
6 Beautiful Rivers In Texas That Are Perfect For A Tranquil Escape
- Comal River. misty_daffin. New Braunfels, Texas.
- Frio River. mystic552. Frio River Concan, Tx.
- San Marcos River. beeabove. San Marcos River.
- Colorado River. kieranreevesphotography. Lady Bird Lake.
- Medina River. aimeenw_
- Guadalupe River. cassidyyandersonn.
What is the cleanest river in Texas?
cleanest river in texas – San Marcos River.