Is San Marcos worth visiting?
But with its picturesque scenery, historical charm and rich culture, San Marcos is a wonderful area to visit year-round. In fact, the off-season provides countless opportunities for relaxation, outdoor activities, artesanal dining and more.
What is there to do in San Marcos Texas this weekend?
8 Awesome and Fun Things to Do in San Marcos, TX
- Feel refreshed on the San Marcos River.
- Hear good music at Cheatham Street Warehouse.
- Explore San Marcos Downtown Square.
- Shop at San Marcos Outlets.
- Spring Lake Preserve.
- Cheer for Teams at Texas State University.
- Discover vintage vehicles at Dick’s Classic Garage.
What is good in San Marcos?
20 Best Things to Do in San Marcos, Texas
- Central Texas Wing of the Commemorative Air Force, San Marcos, Texas.
- Wonder World Park, San Marcos, Texas.
- Paddle SMTX, San Marcos, Texas.
- Paddle with Style, San Marcos, Texas.
- Rhea’s Ice Cream, San Marcos, Texas.
- Snorkel TX, San Marcos, Texas.
Is San Marcos safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in San Marcos is 1 in 34. Based on FBI crime data, San Marcos is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Texas, San Marcos has a crime rate that is higher than 87% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is San Marcos a small town?
One of those cities is San Marcos. Thrillist’s “The Coolest Small Town in Texas Is Building a Better Austin” raves about this city just 30 miles south of Austin. San Marcos offers everything you can find in Austin in a less crowded setting. Here are six more reasons to call San Marcos home.
Does it snow in San Marcos TX?
San Marcos averages 0 inches of snow per year.
How far is San Marcos from the beach?
San Marcos is located about 6 miles inland from the ocean and about 30 miles from downtown San Diego.
What college is in San Marcos?
– /: What college is in San Marcos?
- Texas Gamers Lounge. 5.2 mi. Arcades.
- EVO Entertainment – Springtown. 1.5 mi. 104 reviews.
- Industry. 0.6 mi. 283 reviews.
- Palmer’s Restaurant Bar & Courtyard. 0.8 mi.
- Patio Dolcetto. 0.5 mi.
- Sunset Bowling Lanes. 0.9 mi.
- AquaBrew. 0.6 mi.
- Cody’s Restaurant Bar & Patio. 4.0 mi.
How big is San Marcos?